SharePoint 2010 - "XsltListViewWebPart" Web Part appears to be causing a problem

Here's an error message I received a few weeks back from a user who was having trouble accessing a page:



Strange... Anyhow, my first thought was - Faulty Web Part - so made my way to SharePoint Designer to fix/remove the web part from the page, only to find that I was unable to connect to any sites on the entire Web Application!

Here's the Error I was receiving when trying to access SharePoint Designer:



"An error occurred while trying to fetch data from your SharePoint site. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"

Now I'm thinking 'oh shit..' well not to worry, all I needed to do was a simple IISRESET and the issue was resolved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint - Field type [FieldName] is not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete this field.

Office 365 Groups - Quickly find the GUID of a O365 Group

Export Group Membership From Active Directory Using Power Query